Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) is currently recruiting an intern for a six month period starting from the beginning of January 2017. An internship at the TIE Secretariat in Brussels offers a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a European trade association and to gain further knowledge of EU affairs. We offer an interesting, challenging and international work environment. This is a paid internship.
The intern will be involved in all aspects of TIE’s work, in particular:
- researching, monitoring and analysing EU and national policies in the areas of toy safety, commercial communications, environment, consumer protection, international trade and intellectual property rights;
- awareness raising campaigns about the value of play;
- media monitoring.
- Degree in European Studies, Law, Political Science, Economics, Communication;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Additional languages are an asset;
- A strong interest in discovering how a European trade association works;
- Knowledge of/interest in EU affairs and issues;
- An enthusiastic team-player with a hands-on, positive attitude.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (in English only) by email to TIE’s Director General, Catherine Van Reeth, at email@example.com by 10 December 2016. Please mention ‘TIE Internship’ in the subject line. Interviews will take place in Brussels s as of Monday, 12 December 2016. The successful candidate is expected to start at the beginning of January. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.