Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) is currently recruiting an intern for a six-month period starting from April. An internship at the TIE Secretariat in Brussels offers a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a European trade association and to gain further knowledge of EU affairs. We offer an interesting, challenging and international work environment. This is a paid internship.
The intern will be involved in all aspects of TIE’s work, in particular:
- Researching, monitoring and analysing EU and national policies in the areas of toy safety, environment, consumer protection, international trade and intellectual property rights
- Supporting preparation of internal meetings and briefings.
- Assisting the development and implementation of policy strategies.
- Degree in European Studies, Law, Political Science, Economics, Communication;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Additional languages are an asset;
- A strong interest in discovering how a European trade association works;
- Knowledge of/interest in EU affairs and issues;
- An enthusiastic team-player with a hands-on, positive attitude.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (in English only) by email to TIE’s Director General, Catherine Van Reeth, at email@example.com by 20 March 2018. Please mention ‘TIE Internship’ in the subject line. The successful candidate is expected to start at the beginning of April. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.