Policy Officer Sustainability
TIE – Toy Industries of Europe
Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) is looking for a motivated, sociable and proactive new colleague to join our small and busy Brussels-based team. The main focus of the role will lie in the environmental sustainability policy area, which is growing in importance for the sector. The successful candidate will work with us to help make sure that children can play safely and securely with toys and promote fair practices and fair legislation that allows responsible toy companies to grow.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline for applications on 27th of December 2021.
The Policy Officer Sustainability will take responsibility and ownership of all policy issues affecting the toy sector in the ‘environment’ area which could be anything from greener methods of production, packaging, design, as well as recycling, collection schemes etc…
She/he will report to TIE’s Director of Policy.
Typical tasks will be:
- drafting policy briefings and analysis and other policy tools;
- monitoring and reporting to members on political, policy and research developments;
- reaching out to policymakers at EU and sometimes national level;
- ensuring effective and optimal communications between the Secretariat and TIE members;
- attending meetings and events on behalf of TIE.
This is a Brussels-based position but some travel will be necessary.
We are looking for a candidate with an outgoing personality who:
- has a minimum of one-to-two years of relevant work experience in a public affairs or policy role;
- has a good understanding of EU decision-making procedures and how to advance an advocacy agenda in a politically sensitive environment;
- previous experience of working on policy issues related to environmental sustainability would be valued, a keen interest in them is required;
- is a great team player and excellent communicator with good networking skills;
- is quick thinking with strong analytical capabilities;
- has a University degree;
- has outstanding written and spoken English;
- believes in the European project and has an interest in EU politics;
- is able to explain complex technical terms and processes to non-experts;
- is competent in using social media in a professional context;
- is deadline-oriented and well-organised with good attention to detail.
Please send your CV with an engaging motivational letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.