Toy Industries of Europe is looking for a Junior Policy Officer
Toy Industries of Europe (TIE), is looking for a Junior Policy Officer to help represent the interests of reputable toy makers in Europe. If you have a keen interest in EU politics, want to forge a career in public affairs and would speak with passion about toys, come join our small Brussels-based team. This is a starter-position role for a candidate with the right qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline for applications on 7th of October 2022.
The TIE team works on many different policy areas. The new Junior Policy Officer will be expected to concentrate on market access issues, Intellectual Property rights and marketing and advertising. You will need to be enthusiastic about digging deep into an issue and connecting with people to best represent our members’ interests.
She/he will report to TIE’s Director General.
Typical tasks will be:
- • Drafting policy briefings and analysis and other policy tools;
- • Monitoring and reporting to members on political, policy and research developments;
- • Reaching out to policymakers at EU and sometimes national level
- • Ensuring effective and optimal communications between the Secretariat and TIE members;
- • Attending and actively contributing to meetings, calls and events on behalf of TIE
This is a Brussels-based position but some travel will be necessary.
We are looking for a candidate with an outgoing personality and:
- • whose interest in EU public affairs is reflected by a relevant Masters’ degree and or an internship in an EU organisation or stakeholder organisation;
- • who has a good understanding of EU decision-making procedures and how to advance an advocacy agenda in a politically sensitive environment;
- • who is a great team player and excellent communicator with good networking skills;
• who is quick-thinking with strong analytical capabilities;
- • who has outstanding written and spoken English;
- • who believes in the European project and has an interest in EU politics;
- • who is able to explain complex technical terms and processes to non-experts;
- • who can meet deadlines and is well-organised with good attention to detail.
Please send your CV with an engaging motivational letter to email@example.com (attention of our Director General) as soon as possible. Only successful candidates will be contacted.