COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP – TOY INDUSTRIES OF EUROPE
Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) is recruiting an intern to support its internal and external communications. If successful, you will be part of a small international team who represent the EU toy sector to policy makers in Brussels. TIE represents some of the world’s most loved toy brands as well as hundreds of small local toy makers in the EU.
This internship will be a chance for you to develop your communication skills and to gain experience of the consensus driven workings of a membership-based trade association. It will also provide you with the opportunity to see the EU decision-making first-hand and to develop your Brussels network.
This is a paid internship for a six-month period with the possibility of extension up to a year. The candidate should start as soon as possible.
The Intern will provide support on the communications aspects of TIE’s work. This will include:
- Drafting social and digital content
- Supporting with the creation of editorial calendars and management of social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Designing social media visual assets
- Compiling and disseminating the weekly member newsletter
- Keeping TIE’s websites and members’ area updated
- Support in organising online and physical meetings
- Support with the organisation of the Play for Change awards and the awards ceremony
- Advocating for the importance of play
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related areas of study
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Additional languages are an asset
- Very good writing skills, particularly writing for the web and social networks
- Experience in producing materials for the online environment – notably social media – with photo and video editing tools (Canva etc)
- Web editing skills – knowledge of WordPress CMS is an added value
- Good organisational and project management skills. Experience with event management is a plus
- A creative mind and a proactive approach
- Attention to detail
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (in English only) by email to TIE’s Director General, Catherine Van Reeth, at email@example.com by 10th of March. Please mention ‘TIE Internship’ in the subject line. The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TIE is the trade association for the toy sector in Europe. Members of TIE include companies as well as national associations. Further information is available here: https://www.toyindustries.eu/