In 2012, TIE commissioned De Gier | Stam & Attorneys to develop an overview of the IP rights relevant for toy companies. This brochure explains the most important aspects of each right and provides answers to the following questions:
- How are these rights obtained?
- Do they exist automatically or do they have to be registered?
- What are the requirements for protection?
- What are the costs of protection?
- How long does the protection last?
- Who owns the IP rights?
Click here to download TIE’s brochure ‘Intellectual property rights relevant for the toy industry’.
In November 2012, TIE teamed up with the the China IPR SME Helpdesk to present a webinar on how the toy sector can protect its IPR in China.
The presentation can be downloaded here and the video is available to watch here:
Maarten Roos has also answered a series of frequently asked questions about IPR protection for European toy companies in China. This is available to download here.